Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lots of pictures

I have been told that many of you visit this blog often, only to be disappointed by the same old posts. Certain family members, you know who you are, have been scolding me for weeks to get some more baby Dani pictures up. So, without further ado, here she is - a few pics then a brief update.







Since April, lots of new things have happened. Dani went to Utah to see lots of relatives up there. She had lots of fun and was astonishingly well behaved during the 26 hr car ride home.

We got this picture with Great Grandma Rock in Utah.


When Tanna went back to work in August, we wanted to find quality care for Dani but we couldn't keep asking g'mas to make the trip. We pondered and prayed and decided to ask at the institute for a student who would like to live with us and care for Dani a few hours each morning. Immediately we got a recommendation and Dani's newest friends, Jori and Joslyn have been a wonderful addition to our little family. The first day we left Dani with Jori, she started to crawl (thanks Jori!). Now she pulls herself up on the coffee table, sticks power cords in her mouth and plays with her reflection. She also picks up little peices of cereal and fruit and feeds herself, making her easy to keep busy at mealtimes. Today, for the first time, she leaned in and gave me a kiss. Well, you could call it a kiss, it felt more like a jet refueling mid-flight. She wobbled in my direction cautiously until she got close enough then stuck out her little tongue and planted it in my mouth. It was messy, but very cute.

I'll keep you guys posted. This weekend, were heading for the beach. I hope to take some good pictures and put them up soon. 'Till then, you can catch up on these.







Finally, Dani took her first bike ride this week, with her new pink bunny helmet (she's not committed to helmet safety just yet, but she'll learn).


4 comments:

Yonker Family said...

I love all the pictures, I'm not sure which one I like the most, but I do really like the one in the bike helmet. It is so nice when they can be occupied with food, however it sucks when they discover how much fun it is to throw it all over the floor and you have to spend a significant amount of time everyday cleaning up after them. Anyway, thanks again for the pictures, she truly is a doll.

Todd & Janna said...

thanks john for putting new pictures up of the little sweetie...what a cutie!!!!! she's growing sooooo fast. we love all the pictures but especially love her in her bike helmet. now she can come riding with grandpa & grandma. love you

Hatnot said...

When she's cute, she looks like Tanna...when she's not (and not that she's ever really NOT cute) she looks like John! She is really coming along. I LOVE the pink dress pic and of course, the dedicated Longhorn Fan onsie!

Terri Bills said...

Finally!! I can show off the granddaughter better. I'll get an email out post haste to let great grandma know these are there, and my brothers and sisters etc. They'll all be so excited to see Dani growing. The pictures are great. I love so close but miss so much of her growing time - she seems to change a little every day.